I have some great news! I am re-releasing some stories that I now have the rights back to, all leading up to the release of the new story “A Christmas Yarn” in December.
A Corgi Named Kilowatt – m/m contemporary novella. A grad student gets his heart stolen by an older man and his adorable dog.
Wolf Knight – f/f fantasy novella. A knight might escort a princess home to be married…without falling in love with her.
The Superhero Division – m/m novel. A team of superheros must defend the world against incursions from an alternate universe – but can Valor and Socket figure out their relationship first?
A Christmas Yarn – m/m contemporary short story. Librarian Gavin meets adorable Jonathan at knitting club.
The next few months are going to be pretty busy for me. I’ll have 4 (four!!!!) works coming out.
– Unraveled- a short story in the anthology “Into the Mystic, Vol 2”
– The new edition of Angel 1089! The new Heaven Corp covers look awesome and I can’t wait to share them with you! The new edition includes a new chapter.
– Short story (well, a novella really) called “Wolf Knight” in the “To the Victor” anthology by Less than Three Press.
– Short story “The Puzzle Box” in Dreamspinner’s Advent Calendar collection!
More about each project as the dates get closer!
I’ve been super busy and lots of great things are going to be out soon! Here’s a rundown:
– I put up a new free short story on the free reads section of my page. I hope to get all my old short stories up there soon.
– Started edits on the new edition of Angel 1089, which has a new chapter and will have a new cover.
– I have a short story in NineStarPress’s next f/f paranormal anthology, releasing October 16th.
– Have a new sci-fi novel out on submission. Cross your fingers!
– Currently working on a fun little contemporary.
Now that 2016 is (thankfully) winding down to a close, I wanted to look back and see how well I met my writing goals. So let’s see how much I wrote!
– Love in the Time of Hurricanes (pub date March 2017) – 30,000 words
– Wolf Knight (pub sometime next year) – 20,000 words
– Rejected Christmas Story 8,000 words
– Bloodwork – first draft – 60,000
Total: 118,000 words.
That’s not bad!
Now goals for 2017:
Edit and submit Bloodwork
Edit and submit Angels Rising, the last Heaven Corp novel
Write a novella and maybe another novel (hah!)
What do you think? Too ambitious? I realize it’s not the banging out of words that’s the difficulty – it’s the finding time to edit. It’s easier to write in the chaos of my daily life, but finding that quiet time to think about the words and fix the problems is a bit more difficult.
Right now I am in the midst of the following projects:
- Edits on a fantasy novella (long short story?)
- First draft of a sci-fi novel
- Waiting on beginning the official editing process for “Love in the Time of Hurricanes.”